Pretty good year
Hi guys, happy New Year, Christmas and all the other holidays that were or will follow soon. In case you haven't noticed, there's a neat card at my sketchblog.
I managed to fulfill my long-time wish right before the end of year, and paint something on canvas: Selfsustaining heart. More minimalist than my usual stuff, and it was much fun to paint.
The past year has been by far the best in my "career" so far — let's see...
- had 4 group art shows, one in the USA, and 3 local on SF conventions
- received the award Sfera for best SF art in the year 2006, which I vote the coolest thing in the past year. plus a few more awards at other conventions.
- met some people in the book publishing business and got my work to appear on book covers.
- continued with my web design work, and started a business of my own with a couple of friends (more on this on some other occasion)
- met many new creative and fun people, and started to collaborate with some of them
Nothing comes without a price, but I think that the good stuff outweighed the bad, and I'm very content.
I hope you had a pretty good year yourselves.
Posted on 02.01.2008 02:31 CET
Art & crafts gallery has moved to NelaDunato.com
If you're here for art, please update your links. inObscuro now only features free design resources!
I wrote down everything I think a small business owner should know about branding. The result is this comprehensive guide for service based businesses and creatives that helps you grow meaningful relationships with your clients and your audience. Coming out on July 30th!
Scrolled all the way down here? Why don't you check out my re-designed illustration portfolio and see one of my most famous digital fantasy paintings Phoenix art that had been tattooed (and sadly, ripped off) by various people all over the world!